Engineering Manager, Mobile Tools
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Mobile Build & Release team. This team is responsible for the CI infrastructure for Android and iOS platforms & tooling, enabling mobile engineers across the company to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. In addition to leading the growth and output of the mobile Build & Release team this person will collaborate on and drive tooling and infrastructure practices across the company.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and coach a team of engineers tasked with building the best CI/CD infrastructure and tooling that power Slack’s mobile apps.
- Directly responsible for career development of engineers in the team.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent Slack Internal Tools engineering, effectively communicating tooling features with metrics and constraints of the mobile tooling internally, with vendors and in external industry events.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Familiarity working with or managing a team that is building complex CI/CD infrastructure, and current knowledge of mobile Build and Release at scale.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting requirements and drive decisions in a fast-moving environment.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.