Sync your Slack status with your calendar
What’s it handy for?
Give your team a quick way to see when you’re in a meeting, working remotely or out of the office. With the Outlook Calendar app or Google Calendar app, you can automatically update your Slack status based on your calendar events, making it easy to know whether you’re unavailable or slow to respond.
Syncing your Slack status with your calendar is great to:
- Allow others to check your availability in real-time without leaving Slack
- Set expectations when you might be slow to respond to messages
Before you get started
How to sync your Slack status with your calendar
- Open the app inside of Slack and send it any message to get started.
- Click the “Connect to the app” button, then follow the steps to link your Slack and Outlook accounts together. Once your account is connected, you’ll start receiving event reminders and notifications inside Slack.
- After linking your account, click the “Turn On” button to start syncing your Slack status with your Outlook calendar.
- At the start of your next calendar event, your status will automatically update.
For Outlook Calendar, your status changes to one of three options depending on the type of event: In a meeting, Working remotely, or Out of office.
For Google Calendar, your status changes to In a meeting for all your events.