Sr. Content Designer
Hi there! Slack is looking for an experienced content designer to work closely with product teams, and to help shape the craft of product content as a whole. If you excel at using language to build great user experiences, have a background in building content systems and style guides, and are passionate about voice and tone, please get in touch.
A bit about Content Design at Slack: We’re part of the Product Design group, and we work to make sure Slack sounds human. We’re a smallish (but growing!) team, and we delight in giving and receiving feedback to help each other be the best UX writers and thinkers we can be. We care about wit and deftness with tone, but we care most of all about clarity and helping users get things done. We have strong feelings (oh, do we) about sentence case and exclamation marks — and we’d love to hear yours.
What you'll be doing
- Own product copy and content strategy for your teams’ features.
- Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often. Use data to guide your work and advocate for it.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, and other cross-functional colleagues to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy for your product area.
- Help improve and implement process, resources, and standards for the Content Design team.
- Be an active and available peer mentor for other writers, and contribute to our positive, and collaborative team culture.
What you should have
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing, content design, and/or copywriting, with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, or equivalent design tools.
- Experience creating and applying style guides and related artifacts to help others write successfully
- 4+ years of industry experience.*
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Experience advocating for content and design and driving complex projects forward.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed — regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 15+ years of experience? Awesome! Please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
The base pay range targeted for this role is $134,000 - $161,000 USD. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.