Manager, Software Engineering
Engineering Manager, Expansion - Billing Foundations
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager for our Billing Foundations team within the Expansion organization. This is a systems focussed team that will be responsible for scaling and maintaining the critical self-serve payment & billing infrastructure, in addition to supporting feature requests from a large number of internal stakeholders within Product, Customer Experience, Accounting, Finance and Sales.
This team’s mission is to help small to medium sized companies seamlessly purchase the best Slack product for their organization. As the owner for the underlying payment and billing infrastructure this team is responsible for collecting ~40% of Slack’s total revenue that comes from self-service customers. And this self-service business is projected to grow rapidly in the next few years!
You’ll lead a hardworking team of backend engineers while growing out your team through recruiting efforts. We're looking for someone invested in their team's career development and that facilitates psychologically safe discussions around: project deliveries, process improvements, and mentorship. You should be well-versed in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation.
What you will be doing:
- Use data to make decisions about prioritization and impact
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team, helping them to develop into technical leaders
- Work closely with Product, Data, Customer Experience, Accounting, Finance, Sales and Marketing teams to conceive features and develop tooling that will help us charge and bill our users conveniently and fairly.
- Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with the Product team
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Anticipate future technical needs and craft plans to realize them
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders on priorities, processes, and policies
What you should have:
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have enough technical experience to discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- You have a proven history of shipping products with consistent execution.
- You are highly organized and thrive in rapid-paced environments.
- You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
- Bonus or Nice to have: Experience with payments, e-commerce purchase/checkout or billing systems.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.