Director of Product Marketing - EMEA
Director, Product Marketing - EMEA
Slack is seeking an experienced product marketing leader with a track record of bringing new concepts and products to market, to join our growing EMEA team. This is a critical role that requires strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to accelerate adoption of Slack by customers of all sizes in the region. This marketing leader will drive local product messaging and positioning, competitive strategy, sales insights, research and regional storytelling. The Director, Product marketing will help us scale our product marketing function at pace with our rapidly growing global audience and educate the world about what’s possible with Slack.
The ideal candidate will bring depth of functional (product marketing) and a proven track record of growing and leading marketing teams in organizations of varying sizes as we’re growing fast!
- Building and leading the regional EMEA product marketing function.
- Be the EMEA voice at HQ: Influence and help define longer-ranging globally-relevant themes and storyline about our product, the user problems we’re seeking to solve, and the industry and technology trends that we’re building upon. This messaging foundation will serve as input to our advertising, PR, speaking ops, sales training, and demand gen strategies.
- Establish clear priorities about tactics we will use that resonate locally, and accelerate adoption and satisfaction among our target audience.
- Tell the Slack story, both through the eyes of the Slack team and even more importantly, our customers. Represent Slack and our product vision internally and externally, as needed.
- Establish consistency and rigour in go-to-market planning to ensure that every new feature we introduce is well understood by the world, and its business impact is thereby maximized.
- Experience in driving integrated campaigns including sales enablement, customer references, direct customer product education, and email marketing.
- Listen and understand our customer’s adoption pain points and help build out a suite of onboarding materials that can be delivered via a lifecycle nurturing program across multiple channels.
- Partner closely with leaders in product marketing, PR, other marketing functions, to ensure that cross-functional coordination is seamless. Be the glue between product, customer-facing teams, and most importantly our customers.
- 10+ years Marketing experience
- Product marketing experience for products used by millions of people
- Experience leading marketing teams
- Charismatic, compelling speaker and presenter: both one-on-one with customers, and in front of larger audiences
- Track record of partnering with a HQ central team to contribute to global strategy as the regional lead
- History of adopting and localizing positioning and messaging for regional customers
- Established reputation for driving both strategy and holding team members accountable for great execution
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Voracious appetite for storytelling and connecting with customers on their turf
- Great track record of working with product and sales teams
- Preferred: experience working on products solving communication, collaboration, or productivity problems
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.