Senior Software Engineer - Business Technology
The Business Technology Engineering team is focused on enabling our employees to do their best work in Slack and showcasing the platform’s diverse capabilities. We do this by building integrations between crucial business systems, automating processes, and focusing on ways we can help our employees do their work more efficiently and without having to leave Slack. We are looking for a motivated engineer who will help us achieve these goals.
You are a hardworking self-starter with an ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape. You enjoy and excel at crafting innovative and scalable infrastructure as well as collaborating across functions. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial, but you’ll balance that with a desire to improve the user experience for the products and services we deliver to the Slack community.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Development integrations to automate business processes and bring together systems across Slack.
- Build Slack applications that enable employees to be able to perform more of their day to day tasks within Slack.
- Collaborate across teams to create scalable test frameworks, release plans, and end-user documentation to support our applications and integrations.
- Work with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals.
- Provide on-call support, critical issue remediation, and incident response for services.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated ability developing enterprise-level applications with a focus on performance, scalability and security.
- Have experience working with business partners to clarify and define requirements, ensure best-in-class technical architecture, and deliver projects with measurable impact.
- Are comfortable working with multiple cloud platforms, including low-code environments (IPaaS), Heroku, and AWS.
- Are familiar with web platform technologies such as REST APIs, GraphQL, OAuth, and nginx.
- Have experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Comfort with using distributed version control (git), semantic versioning, and change management procedures such as Github flow.
- Know the importance of documentation and have a track record of writing clear and concise specifications and runbooks.
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft, or other integration platforms
- Experience integrating with APIs from Salesforce, Workday, or Looker.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL, or Redis.
- Experience writing unit and functional tests in testing frameworks.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.