Content Marketing Manager
Slack is seeking a content marketing manager to join our growing EMEA marketing team to help tell the Slack Story and extend the reach of our content though our owned, shared and paid channels.
The Content Marketing Manager is a key member of the EMEA marketing team, responsible for planning, developing and delivering the European content strategy. This role will focus on delivering the right content, at the right time to the right audience by persona, solution, vertical, sales segment and region.
You'll work alongside content producers, designers, SEO specialists, field marketing managers, demand generation, product marketing, customer marketing and digital media specialists, to ensure we have the right mix of content aligned to the customer journey and to support the regional demand and field marketing initiatives.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for content marketing strategies to drive awareness and pipeline in the region. If you love creating high-quality and engaging content that drives business success though campaigns and demand generation activities, this could be the role for you.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Understand the customer journey and develop a content strategy and roadmap to inspire, educate and inform our audiences across Europe working closely with relevant teams at HQ including solutions marketing, customer marketing, demand generation, content and editorial teams as well as the wider EMEA marketing teams.
- Deliver new multi-format assets to answer the questions that arise as our target audiences engage with Slack and our content. Identify and fill gaps in our content strategy.
- Identify and scope marketing content projects in line with overall marketing strategy and priorities. Own and guide the editorial direction, production, delivery and measurement of those assets from videos, to blog posts to ebooks and more.
- Collaborate with regional teams, and the content team at headquarters to support, advise and ensure global content initiatives are locally relevant
- Manage agencies, vendors as well as effectively collaborate with internal creative, copywriting, editorial teams to support projects and initiatives
- Ensure our customer’s stories are at the heart of every content touchpoint in the customer journey.
- Raise, develop, and drive breakthrough ideas that showcase Slack's thought leadership and how our product is inspiring companies around the world to unlock the future of work.
- Maintain and be the custodian for our editorial guidelines in Europe.
What you should have
- 8+ years marketing experience (enterprise software preferred) in content, corporate or customer marketing
- Validated ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with content producers, creative and editorial teams, field marketing and externally, with customers and agencies
- A customer-first approach with a passion for storytelling and creative marketing
- Creative and inventive problem solver capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- Can-do, positive, inspiring attitude and appetite for trying new things
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Understanding of the dynamics of large-scale global marketing campaigns
- Track record of success in a dynamic, sometimes hectic environment
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Fluency is second language (French or German) would be an advantage
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.