Account Executive, SMB DACH
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek outstanding talent eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join us as one of the founding members of our SMB (Small & Medium Business) sales team. This segment represents a huge opportunity for Slack and we are excited to develop this new business unit in EMEA. We seek outstanding people eager to do excellent work while supporting others in doing the same! You will be responsible for evangelizing the value of Slack to new SMB prospects, as well as working with existing customers to drive adoption and the value they derive from our platform. We are a customer-centric team that is passionate about the development of trusted relationships across our customer base. You will work closely with customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide to enable our customers to work in new ways. If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, come and join us! We’re nice.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Drive ACV within the SMB segment (101 - 400 employees) by creating, navigating, and closing opportunities, and making our customers successful with Slack.
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Lead multiple customers simultaneously at various stages of the Slack buying cycle
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to existing customers
- Balance inbound customer communication and prioritize/raise issues appropriately including billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas
What you should have
- 1 year of sales or meaningful prospecting experience, preferably in SaaS
- Proficient in English and German
- You are ambitious and driven to achieve goals
- Articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer happiness and deepen customer relationships
- You have a proven track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.