Head of Sales Recruiting
At Slack, recruiting a talented and diverse workforce is one of our most important priorities. Our people are the foundation of everything we create, and it all starts with who we hire. As the Head of Sales Recruiting you will shape the strategy, create the process, and deliver the results behind talented and diverse teams. The needs of our clients are varied, complex, and global in scope.
Reporting into our Head of Recruiting, we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Recruiting Leader to join our global Recruiting organization. As we continue to grow and scale, you will be key in helping us structure and evolve our Recruiting team to ensure everything is moving in the right direction and in line with business priorities as we ensure an exceptional experience to our candidates, clients and colleagues.
You’ll have a team reporting to you, in addition to all the support and resources you need - you just need to bring your wealth of experience, a passion for this type of work and enthusiasm for continuing to make Slack be the place people want to come to do their best work.
- Create, steer, and evolve a broad talent strategy that aligns with Slack's priorities and that anticipates the needs of the business and grow in scale and efficiency
- Develop strategic work plans that have cross-functional, org, and potential industry wide impact
- Work cross functionally to effectively develop plans and drive projects from root cause analysis through to deployment, effectively & on-time
- Consistently use a data driven approach to drive initiatives, set appropriate metrics for the team, and to help execute on broader org wide strategies
- Collaborate with other People team members across the globe in a positive and dedicated way
- Manage, coach, empower, and develop a high-performing geographically dispersed team who espouse our values
- Use a data backed approach to craft a narrative for business partners, management, and senior stakeholders
- Influence senior stakeholders using data and a data oriented approach to drive strategic decisions
- Be a trusted talent advisor and provide consultative support to leaders across the company on all aspects of recruitment to consistently upgrade teams and leadership capability with every hire
- Minimum 10 years experience with proven track record of leading successful mid to large scale geographically dispersed talent acquisition teams focused on hiring for Revenue Generating and business teams
- Create, drive, and evolve a global proactive talent acquisition strategy that anticipates the business priorities and needs as we grow in scale and efficiency
- Experience developing and delivering on global projects
- Experience building, revising, and delivering a global recruitment strategy for Sales teams
- Strong experience with change management and data analytics
- High energy, passion, and drive, with a strong positive outlook
- Strategic vision— ability to see where the business is headed and develop processes proactively
- Strong project management skills — ability to translate vision into action
- Possess leadership that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility, empathy, and playfulness with the ability to break down complex concepts and clearly articulate them internally and externally
- Excellent people management, building cohesive teams, coaching, and development skills
- Strong track record of effectively influencing, communicating, and building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.