Director, Talent Management & Organizational Effectiveness
Slack is more than just a tech company - we are on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do.
Reporting to our Sr. Director, People Operations you will own the Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness philosophy and program design for Slack. This role will be one of great impact and will be central to our vision of building an organization that is high-performing, innovative and aligned with our values (Empathy, Courtesy, Thriving, Craftsmanship, Playfulness, Solidarity).
What you will be doing
- Evaluate, develop and implement Slack’s Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Management strategies and programs (i.e. performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, employee engagement measurement and action, feedback and calibration)
- Design and evaluate talent development programs that are differentiating, including talent reviews, performance management, promotions process, organizational planning, and talent reskilling
- Act as a leader and partner cross-functionally, including but not limited to, People Partners, Total Rewards, Recruiting, People Operations, Business Technology, Finance, etc
- Build systemic processes that enhance our capability to identify the internal talent pipeline, as well as retain top talent through additional development opportunities
- Design high-level communication and implementation of said programs, in partnership with other members of the Organizational Effectiveness team
- Establish metrics and goals that measure the quality and effectiveness of our programs
- Focus on creating a growth mindset culture and desire for people to take ownership of their own development
What you should have
- 8+ years’ experience managing HR practices or programs with a bachelor’s degree in HR Management, business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a large scale, multinational, culturally diverse company working on complex projects or programs with demonstrated results
- Previously demonstrated success in the strategy, design, and execution of talent and leadership development programs, having enabled leaders in a highly competitive, rapidly-changing global industry, leading to measurable business outcomes
- A solid understanding of how to move high-potential executives through the leadership curve, effectively equipping them with the right skills to succeed
- In-depth knowledge of regional cultural nuances that reflect a deep local understanding within a global context
- Experience leading globally-attuned thinking and collaboration that bridges cultural gaps, while engaging all team members in development
- A strong business acumen and a successful track record in developing and implementing key talent initiatives across large, evolving organizations while effectively involving strategic partners
- A demonstrable track record of involving and influencing global leaders in the development of their talent
- Confirmed people leadership capability with direct management experience
- Strong global, multinational cultural experience
- General human resource knowledge in recruitment, compensation, ER, benefits preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in org development, HR or learning function. MBA, Masters Degree in HR or Organizational Development desirable
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.