Sr. Manager, Product Design
We are hiring a Senior Product Design Manager to lead the design team in charge of systems and experiences across mobile and desktop that make Slack simpler to use and easier to build for.
Product Design Managers serve a vital role at Slack: they elevate the health, growth, and development of their team, as well as care for the overall business. They have a passion for design excellence expressed through thoughtful creative direction and occasionally rolling up their sleeves to lead by example.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate design leaders who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing:
- Leading a team of Product Designers focused on Slack’s anatomy, information architecture, interaction models, our design System SlackKit and accessibility.
- Working with product and engineering and other cross-functional partners to drive design vision and strategy. Help turn business objectives into customer centered problems and steer team strategy.
- Creating flexible and scalable frameworks and guidelines for other teams and companies to build features on Slack
- Designing, guiding and driving collaboration processes.
- Setting a high bar for quality and help teams ship with that quality, without compromising velocity
- Meeting regularly with designers to provide and gather feedback on project progress
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career development, work satisfaction and happiness to your team.
- Ensuring that projects are properly staffed based on scope, skills and timing.
- Define and drive design hiring goals. Recruit and interview new Product Designers, review incoming candidates, and actively improve our design hiring process.
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers.
- Extensive and relevant work experience developing systems for desktop or mobile.
- A demonstrable foundation in typography, interaction design, visual design, and design ideation.
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading design studios, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises.
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.