Platform Support Agent (PST or MST)
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We consider the Customer Experience team an essential piece of Slack’s success, and we’re dedicated to empowering and supporting our customers to help them get the most out of Slack. Our team helps a large roster of influential global companies that rely on Slack to keep their business communication running smoothly day-to-day. Each customer has specific needs that we aim to meet with unparalleled support. We’re committed to giving you the opportunity to do the best work of your life, while helping others in doing the same. Come join us!
As a member of our Platform Customer Experience team, you will be responsible for directly supporting customers - whether that be developers utilizing our APIs to build integrations or users interacting with Slack apps - providing customer insights to product, design and engineering teams, and leading new feature launches in Slack. You will solve complex customer issues, mentor team members and lead team initiatives that continuously improve the customer experience. As an owner of customer satisfaction for the individuals and teams you work with, your job is to see issues through to their resolution, communicate effectively, and collaborate with teams across Slack to remove any barriers for the customer.
We are the voice of our customers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Become a specialist in API- or integration-related product features and troubleshoot complex customer issues by reading documentation, building test apps, narrowing in on reproducible steps, and collaborating with others.
- Provide fast, accurate and personalized communication to Slack users through email.
- Solve customer issues by developing expertise in relevant product areas and by troubleshooting complex customer issues.
- Identify and surface customer trends and process improvements through collaborating and with teams across Slack.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, leading initiatives to continuously improve how, why, and when customers receive support.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company through mentoring and sharing feedback.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation to support new and existing feature launches, often working with Product and Engineering.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the Engineering and Product teams to support quicker customer resolutions and improve our ability to mitigate customer friction.
- Recognize customers' needs and advise on ways to improve their organization’s performance with Slack.
What You Should Have
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- You have relevant professional experience and maintain a keen interest in providing outstanding customer support experiences.
- You are an articulate communicator, proficient in both verbal and written English/language and enjoy crafting clear and concise messages to customers.
- You are hardworking and eagerly embrace the challenge of solving problems, both with software and soft skills.
- You are curious about technology and have a solid understanding of the impact to business when something in software goes wrong.
- You are a standout teammate who believes that the whole is greater than the sum of all parts.
- You are empathetic and enjoy teaching complex issues to customers and team members at all levels of proficiency.
- You have a track record of proposing high impact improvements and executing them collaboratively.
- You have a high degree of self-awareness, are adaptable in changing environments and can maintain composure – you model this for your team.
- You are resourceful, flexible and hold yourself and the team accountable to results.
- You lead initiatives, follow through on your commitments and persevere in the face of obstacles.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You can work with us remotely in a PST or MST location.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.