Staff Content Designer
Slack is looking for an experienced content designer to work closely with product teams, and to help shape the craft of product content as a whole. If you excel at thinking about the strategy and narrative behind a user experience, have a background in building content systems and style guides, and are passionate about mentoring other content folks, please get in touch.
A bit about Content Design at Slack: We’re part of the Product Design group, and we work to make sure Slack sounds human. We’re a smallish (but growing!) team, and we delight in giving and receiving feedback to help each other be the best UX writers and thinkers we can be. We care about wit and deftness with tone, but we care most of all about clarity and helping users get things done. We have strong feelings (oh, do we) about sentence case and exclamation marks — and we’d love to hear yours.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own product copy and content strategy for your teams’ features.
- Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often. Use data to guide your work and advocate for it.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, and other cross-functional partners to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy for your product area.
- Define best practices, lead creative exercises, and help set the vision and strategy for your product’s content, and for Content Design as a whole.
- Be an active and available craft mentor to other content designers, and partner with us in building our positive, collaborative, healthy team culture.
What you should have
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing, content strategy, and/or copywriting, with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent design tools.
- Experience advocating for content and design, garnering resources when needed, and driving projects forward even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience creating and applying style guides and related artifacts to help others write successfully.
- 5+ years of industry experience.*
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Leadership skills: the ability to give strong, thoughtful feedback, and an active drive to help others improve.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.