Sr. Support Lead
Are you passionate about driving continuous improvement to processes that directly support the rapid expansion of a fast-growing company with a proven product? Slack is searching for a Staff IT Support Specialist in San Francisco who will take our support operations to the next level!
The Sr. Support Lead is a mixed leadership and support role on Slack’s BizTech Operations team. Slack’s Business Technology department (BizTech for short) is the foundation that enables every Slack team to do the best work of their lives. We make using technology simple, and ensure every solution offers insight and impact.
In this position you will serve as a resource for technical issues in Slack’s San Francisco headquarters and our regional support teams. You may be asked to travel to other Slack offices worldwide to provide support and train new support personnel. Meaningful aspects of this job include the opportunity to review and guide the technical performance of junior team members, and coordinate company-wide technical initiatives.
In addition to support duties, you will also work on quarterly projects that advance BizTech’s “Slack on Slack” initiative. Projects in this space involve simplifying and improving core business processes using the Slack platform and integrations, workflows, and automations on other platforms. Your creativity and efforts towards streamlining and improving processes will have a direct impact on enabling the team to deliver high-quality service to Slack employees, and demonstrate how Slack's customers can use our product to provide outstanding support.
- Solving and routing critical technical issues from our global offices. Issues may be related to imaging machines, distributing equipment, managing accounts, and solving problems with computers, iPads, SaaS applications, and other office technology.
- Triage and respond to critical issues received in our Global Service Desk via Slack and Jira tickets, and coordinate passing tickets between regions to provide the fastest and most effective support.
- Providing support for emergencies during weekends and other support coverage gaps as part of our department’s on-call rotation.
- Contribute to the strategy of the team’s growth and efficiency by executing and managing projects that have global impact.
- Keep our internal and customer-facing knowledge base up-to-date and expand its contents as you define processes and find solutions for common issues.
- Support Slack's ongoing growth by onboarding and offboarding Slack employee accounts.
- Improving our core business processes for providing support, onboarding, and offboarding.
- Briefing the Sr. Manager and other leadership on support health and systemic issues.
- Other technology-related tasks as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- You have the ability to solve issues effectively and efficiently, and know when to work on solutions and when to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- Occasional travel to Slack’s International offices.
- Interest and experience mentoring coworkers for their continued professional growth.
- Experience fixing Mac and Windows OS, software, and hardware problems.
- Experience administering SaaS services, including G Suite, Okta, Slack, Duo, Office 365, Adobe CS, Box, Dropbox, and others.
- Familiar with iOS and Android device operations and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with endpoint configuration management tools.
- Familiarity with networking; able to monitor local networking equipment and assist with triaging during outages.
- A proven track record of evaluating and improving business processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.