Manager, Engineering, iOS Application Infrastructure
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our iOS Application Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for the architecture and core components of our iOS app, enabling iOS product engineers across the company to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. In addition to leading the growth and output of the iOS App Infra team this person will collaborate on and drive mobile best practices across the company.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and coach a team of senior engineers tasked with building the frameworks and architecture that power Slack’s iOS app.
- Help craft the vision for the team, and broadly for iOS engineering at Slack.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent Slack iOS engineering, effectively communicating platform features and constraints of the iOS client internally, and in external industry events.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- You have several years of experience in an engineering management role.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience building complex iOS applications, and current knowledge of the development ecosystem.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting requirements and drive decisions in a fast-moving environment.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.