Engineering Manager, Messaging
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Conversations, Search, and Channels (CSC) team. This team is responsible for making essential communication and collaboration experiences at Slack expressive, intuitive, and relevant. This team develops new features across our core product which impacts Message Composition, Search, Notifications, Channels, and Threads - amongst other things. This team develops and supports the features that our end users rely on every day.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with the engineers on the engineering team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
What you will be doing
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
What you should have
- 2+ years of serving in an Engineering Manager role.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.