Sr. Engineering Manager, Messaging
Slack is looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager on our Messaging pillar to help lead the engineering team. This team is responsible for developing new features across the Messaging team such as Composition, Notifications, Files, and Threads - amongst other things. This is very much a Product Engineering position. This team develops and supports the features that our end users rely on every day.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with the engineers on the engineering team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
What you will be doing
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
What you should have
- You have several years of serving in either as an Engineering Manager or a Senior Engineering Management role.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.