Sr. Analyst, Sales Strategy & Operations
Slack is looking for a driven and talented Senior Analyst with strong analytical and operational experience to join our Sales Business Operations team as a partner to our Americas Sales organization. As a smart and scrappy problem solver, you will help define and build the go-to-market strategy, analytical foundation, processes, and workflow efficiencies for Sales. You should have experience supporting Sales Leadership, building operational processes, managing and analyzing data to provide recommendations on strategic issues, and partnering with our broader Sales Operations team to improve our systems and tools (e.g., Salesforce.com, Anaplan and sales prospecting tools). You will be working highly cross-functionally with a focus on Sales and a lens into Marketing, Customer Success, Business Systems, and Finance. You will help drive new initiatives and make a large, daily impact on our rapidly growing business! Sound interesting? Come work with us!
The Sales Business Operations team is focused on using both data and qualitative insights to provide recommendations to help to refine go-to-market strategies and operations. Within this team you will focus on supporting and partnering with our growing Americas Sales team.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Assist in reporting, and operationalizing key performance metrics, reporting tools, and dashboards to help drive insights and action
- Provide strategic support for Sales priorities through stakeholder partnership and proactive recommendations
- Frame and break down complex problems into key components, design and execute on data and business insights and provide recommendations to drive tangible business outcomes
- Identify inefficiencies, implement change management solutions, and track progress through planning, process, and tool improvements
- Assist with quarterly and monthly analyses in support of Slack’s sales management team
- Assist with quarterly and annual planning processes with a focus on territory mapping and quota and headcount planning
- Support our sales development teams with respect to operational processes and reporting insights
- Special projects and analytical support to senior sales strategy leaders as needed
What you should have
- 3+ years of Consulting/Investment Banking experience or relevant Sales Operations experience, ideally in a SaaS environment
- BS in Economics, Finance or related field
- Positive “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into analyses with actionable insights
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment
- Results-driven and self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Customer service oriented and able to partner with individuals at all levels
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint / G Suite
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Experience using Anaplan is a plus, as is familiarity with using Slack
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.