Account Executive, Enterprise
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
As an established Account Executive, you know what it takes to navigate through Enterprise organizations and engage C-suite Executives and business line owners. You understand your clients' business objectives and closely align your SaaS offering to those to create a solution your clients can't live without. You've made huge contributions to your product roadmap by gathering customer feedback and requests and delivering those to internal teams. Your storytelling skills are unmatched so effectively communicating across multiple departments and industries won’t be a problem for you. You thrive in dynamic environments so shifting gears at a moment's notice and providing excellent customer service is nothing short of exciting!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Drive revenue and own the full cycle sales process including prospecting new leads, navigating the C-suite and business line owners, negotiating contracts, and closing new and renewal business with customers
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Handle inbound customer communication and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a thoughtful way
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of full cycle SaaS closing experience
- You have experience selling SaaS software that can be used across multiple departments, preferably company-wide
- You have experience selling SaaS solutions across every industry
- You have experience engaging multiple stakeholders throughout the sales cycle including Legal, IT, Security, Finance, and Procurement
- You have experience (and should enjoy!) collaborating with internal sales teams like Solutions Engineers and Custom Success Managers
- You have experience creating global engagement across multiple lines of business and broadening product support within an organization
- You are an expert storyteller, effectively developing relationships with senior managers and the C-suite
- You love traveling and have the ability to travel 20-30% of the time
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.