Slack is looking for a rockstar Executive Assistant to work alongside our Chief Financial Officer. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for the CFO, who reports directly to our CEO
- Assist your executive in project managing business-critical initiatives
- Partner with CFO’s Chief of Staff on strategic initiatives for CFO, including OKRs, earnings calls, Board of Directors matters and BizOps employee engagement
- Partner with support staff on day-to-day activities, team meetings, office upkeep, and event planning
- Possess the organizational skills to proactively manage calendars, events, expense reporting, and travel for executive
- Must be extremely adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast growing technology company
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness
- Provide support for Board of Directors meetings and prep process
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of professionalism at all times
What you should have
- Minimum of 4+ years of recent, full-time administrative support, reporting to 1 or more executives (recent is within last 3-5 years)
- 4+ years of managing the calendar, expenses, and travel of a C-level executive or similar
- Commitment to meeting our expense reporting deadlines and travel policies is a must
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and demonstrate superior attention to details. No dropped balls!
- Possess an ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment with extraordinary attention to detail
- Enjoys working with executives in a fast-paced environment preferably in technology, media, internet or related companies
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – poised, professional, bright, and articulate, as you will be representing the personal “brand” of this executive to many external partners across a wide variety of industries
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for technology – able to figure out new systems and adapt rapidly
- Preference for previous experience with Slack the product
- A proven ability to drive projects forward while simultaneously multitasking in an environment with shifting priorities
- Problem solver - be able to actively find a creative solution efficiently and proactively
- Trustworthy - must have the utmost discretion with access to sensitive company and personal information
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps
- Friendly, optimistic attitude
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.