Sr. IT Auditor
The IT Audit Senior role will be a key part of our Internal Audit function. This person will report to the Sr. Manager of Technology Audit and will work directly with key business stakeholders across Finance, Accounting, Engineering, BizTech, Risk and Compliance teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who thrives on solving problems, building relationships and enjoys delivering value in a continuously evolving environment.
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent and objective function that helps Slack accomplish its objectives through independent reviews and assessments. We are highly collaborative, productive and results driven. Specifically, we evaluate and provide recommendations to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of Slack’s processes, information systems, and underlying internal control environment. We also bring a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Slack’s governance and risk management processes.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Gain and continue to maintain comprehensive understanding of Slack’s technology stack and supporting operations, processes and controls.
- Execute regulatory and risk-based IT internal audits in accordance with standards and expectations set in the internal audit charter.
- Work with stakeholders to confirm areas of control exceptions and support the development of management action plans.
- Work with technical engineering teams to audit/assess complex bespoke systems that support Slack’s core IT infrastructure.
- Be organized, proactive and capable of cultivating support and consensus across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Maintain continuous communication with team regarding progress and issues that may impair successful completion of specific tasks.
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure engagement and timely execution of assigned audit work.
- Support pre- and post- implementation system reviews and perform internal readiness assessments as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to ensure controls are understood, embedded and are operating effectively.
- Support other IT, Technology or operational audit projects and initiatives as identified through the Enterprise Risk Assessment process.
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience in performing IT audits and technology compliance assessments, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- BA/BS in Information Systems or Technology, Computer Science or other relevant fields.
- Relevant professional certifications - CISA, CISSP etc.
- Experience in evaluating controls associated with cloud based systems (e.g. Workday, AWS, Salesforce) and ability to understand and navigate complex home-grown systems.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to discuss technical concepts to other stakeholders in a simple but informative manner.
- Knowledge of COSO, ISO27001, ISO27018 and other related frameworks a plus.
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.