Sr. Product Manager, Data Infrastructure
Slack is seeking a product manager to lead the Data team. You will work with the team to build and execute on a roadmap that best empowers your customers and makes their lives easier and more productive because of data.
You will not only develop the roadmap for data tools and systems you’ll also own the planning and execution of our internal data tools and data platform. You have extensive experience as a data product manager, expertise in analytical frameworks, and have performed well in large and fast-growing organizations.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will drive the strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems.
- You will define requirements across product, analytics, engineering, and native apps to craft a suite of data tools and projects—including our internal event logging system, data processing engines, experimentation framework, and data visualization and dashboard tools.
- You will uncover the needs of internal customer groups—including Slack's executive and product teams, — and couple them with intuitive and actionable data solutions.
- You will emphasize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture.
- You will have the ability to tell a compelling story with this data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented.
What you should have
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams like engineering and analytics to define, build, and maintain products which are essential to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, and confidence intervals.
- Familiarity with backend data processing engines like Apache Hive and Apache Spark, interactive SQL query engines like Presto and Impala, and systems for analyzing events in near-real time like Druid and Logstash.
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.