Lead, Brand Media Strategist
We’re forming a team to cultivate and scale the Slack brand globally, and are looking for a Lead Brand Media Strategist. Working in a fast paced environment in this autonomous role, you will develop a global connections strategy across brand marketing touch-points and guide execution of that strategy in partnership with our global media agency partner.
To succeed, you will identify and lead outstanding strategies and innovative opportunities to connect with our target audiences and deliver our Slack brand story in a way that gets results. This is a role that will provide great exposure within the organization, guiding global partner agencies and working as a cross-functional lead across marketing and communications. You will be the key point of contact for executives, cross-functional partners, and will report to the Director of Brand Marketing.
Slack has a diverse and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reach out and say hello.
What you will be doing
- Develop a global brand connections strategy and media plan for innovative brand programs that deliver on marketing objectives and key results
- Identify industry trends, evolving media consumption habits among our target audience, and relevant new offerings from media properties that can aid in communicating our brand narrative and product offering
- Work with our customers and partners to identify opportunities for integrations that create impact in unique ways that stand out from traditional advertising
- Lead our global media agency in the creation and execution of worldwide media plans throughout the recommendation, buying, trafficking, and reporting processes
- Lead campaign performance through rigorous analysis of media activity, seek opportunities to optimize, and translate findings into clean and concise reports for an executive-level audience
- Review creative concepts and content to ensure they’re crafted for optimal performance across designated channels and properties
- Educate internal and external creative teams, and cross-functional marcomm partners on the role of media, digital innovation, and opportunities
- Oversee global paid media budget and strategy, working with country marketing leads to develop local media plans
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, Communications)
What you should have
- 10+ years of experience developing global media strategies for a technology brand
- Consistent track record of leading media programs that meet/exceed goals
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and what impacts it, proactively identifying future developments and important innovations
- Forward-thinking, has an obsession for detail
- Can turn media metrics into insights and implications to inform future strategies and tactics
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in simple, relatable terms to build trust with senior executives and drive alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience leading media agencies and partnering with internal creative teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about the Slack brand and product
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.