Manager, Customer Success (DACH)
The Manager, Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader Sales and Customer Success organisation. This role leads the strategy and execution for our High Touch Customer Success team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity, business value realisation, and growth of our Customers, across Slack’s customer base in the DACH region. This role focuses primarily on driving success within our largest Customers. The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSM’s). Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base.
You will understand the customer success managers’ role, processes, and paths to success and help define this within the broader sales organisation. You will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor in their use of Slack, ensuring they realise business value. At a team level, they will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. You will ensure that your team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. Additionally, you’ll work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales and Slack organisation to drive success for both customers and Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing:
- Manage the High Touch Customer Success team to ensure that each customer success manager can succeed
- Hire, train, coach, and develop a team of customer success managers
- Build a team that wins, has fun, and lives the Slack values
- Participate in developing a customer success strategy for the DACH region
- Prioritise where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Monitor and identify adoption, maturity, and growth trends for the team and customers to inform customer and business strategy
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion, and renewals
- Partner with the Sales organisation to engage in pre-sales activities for high-value opportunities
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the EMEA Customer Success organisation
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and KPIs
What you should have:
- 8+ years of customer success experience, preferably within a SaaS organisation
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably within a SaaS organisation
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organisation
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Fluent German & English speaker
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.