Senior Software Engineer, Desktop
Senior Software Engineer, Desktop
The team behind Slack’s Desktop application is looking for a Senior Engineer to join us in building one of the most heavily used pieces of software in the world.
As a team member, you’ll be strategizing, designing and building solutions that lie at the heart of Slack’s most used client. You and the team are responsible for a critical layer of infrastructure between Electron – the open source framework that powers our app – and the frontend of Slack. Your work will empower the tens of millions of people that rely on Slack every day. You’ll focus on bringing the latest native capabilities to our platform, ensuring consistent integration with the OS, and laying a high-performing foundation for frontend engineers throughout the organization.
What You Will Be Doing
- Designing and implementing well-tested, scalable, and high performance code impacting millions of users every day.
- Proactively identifying and fixing technical inefficiencies within our code and architecture.
- Evaluating and implementing new technologies to improve performance and stability across the desktop ecosystem.
- Owning the Desktop application infrastructure, leading its long-term health and expanding on its underlying systems.
- Assisting our skilled support team and operations team to triage and resolve production issues.
What You Should Have
- Experience building web or native applications
- Strong understanding of frameworks like React and Redux.
- Comfort with the shell and a variety of operating systems.
- Mentoring and the ability to model standard methodologies for unit tests, code review, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Strong interpersonal skills, e.g. ability to convey complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset
Bonus points If You Have
- You’ve worked on a large scale Electron-based application
- You’ve worked on a native desktop app before and have a strong understanding of the internals of Windows, MacOS or Linux
- You’ve written Objective-C or C++ integrating with native APIs
- You've used Slack and are excited to make it better for millions of users
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.