Set who can notify a channel or workspace
All members have the ability to use special @mentions to notify a channel or workspace by default, but workspace owners can restrict this.
- Workspace owners can decide who can use @channel or @here
- Workspace owners can choose who can post in the #general channel and use @everyone
- Workspace owners and admins can choose to display warning messages when @channel or @everyone is used in a channel with at least six members
Access messaging permissions
These permissions are workspace-wide and can’t be applied to a single channel.
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Administration, then Workspace settings from the menu.
- Click Permissions.
Next to Messaging, click Expand.
@channel and @here
If you're a Workspace Owner, choose who can use @channel and @here.
The @everyone mention can only be used in the general channel. This means that only people who can post to the #general channel can use it. If you're a Workspace Owner, decide who can post to #general. Then choose who can use @everyone.
@channel and @everyone warnings
If you're a Workspace owner or Admin, decide whether a warning will show when @channel or @everyone is used in a channel with at least 6 members.
- Click Save to finish.
Who can use this feature?
- Workspace owners can access this feature. Workspace admins have limited access.
- Free, Standard, Plus and Enterprise Grid subscriptions