Corporate Communications Manager
Slack replaces email inside of companies to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Businesses and teams of every type and size depend on Slack to drive alignment, improve collaboration, get more from their software tools and create a permanent knowledge base. We care deeply about how our customers relate to our brand and our product.
The Corporate Communications Manager is critical to our success. You will expand our communications function, helping to build and execute communications campaigns in support of our business objectives by ensuring that journalists and other key audiences understand why Slack is transformative. You are an extraordinary storyteller and will help identify how, when and to which audiences to engage. We seek a creative self-starter who inspires confidence!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop and execute content and media relations strategies to enhance the market's understanding of Slack’s vision and strategy
- Develop a strategy to support ongoing communications programs and thought leadership efforts for the Future Forum, a new consortium launched by Slack to help companies make the transformation required to thrive in the new digital-first world of work
- Write bylines, op-eds, and research papers that explore how companies and knowledge workers can reimagine work in the post-pandemic world
- Build relationships with top-tier reporters and help advance the Slack narrative across key audiences.
- Partner closely with Marketing, IR, Product and Engineering, Legal and others on cross functional initiatives
- Lead agency teams, ensuring they execute against core objectives
- Staff interview and speaking opportunities as necessary
What you should have
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR (8 + years experience)
- Portfolio of content (bylines, op-eds, research) that has been placed in top-tier outlets
- Agency/In-house enterprise software communications preferred
- Critical problem solver; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- Appetite for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Passionate about Slack and about learning about how work is evolving
- Outstanding writing skills
- Collaborative and thrives working cross-functionally
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Skilled at managing up, prioritizing and setting expectations as needed
- Open and effective communicator; someone who is not afraid to throw out an idea or challenge an existing one to help advance Slack’s mission
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unfazed by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly)
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.