Group Product Manager, Notifications & Personal Productivity
Slack helps teams work together - big teams, small teams, of every industry and role. The mission of Slack’s Conversations, Search, and Channels (CSC) team is to make team communication and collaboration more valuable and effective. We do this by constantly simplifying and speeding up the steps to initiate conversation, discuss, retrieve and organize information, and eventually, decide and act, with courtesy and quality embedded in everything we do.
Slack is seeking a product manager to lead Notifications and Personal Productivity in CSC as part of the Foundations Product Team. In this role, you’ll set product vision and oversee development for features that define how people engage with Slack via Notifications, Status and Availability. You’ll think through how people triage their work on Slack, how they manage information overload, how they catch up after time away, and how to generally make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. You’ll focus on business metrics and exceptional product quality, on user research and hands-on prototyping. You’ll work fast with incredible engineers and designers, and put the user’s needs above everything else.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You’ll own Notifications strategy end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional alignment, making thoughtful product decisions, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the customer informed by research, sales and the customer experience team. You will be responsible for driving a crucial product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You’ll identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improvements in a measurable way. Along the way, you’ll partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- You’ll be responsible for everything from high functioning infrastructure and performance to more future thinking prototypes and features that center around triage, catch up, and information overload.
- You’ll set a clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing.
What you should have
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, ideally in notifications, task management, or productivity software.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO, to customer meetings, to company all-hands and external events
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- You’ve worked on consumer products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent collaboration experience
- You have a design background or strong experience building well-designed and useful products
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.