Program Manager, People
Reporting to the Group Program Manager, Business Operations, you’ll be working with the teams that support the most important asset at Slack - its people! This includes People Operations, Global Benefits, Learning and Development, and Recruiting.
You will be responsible for understanding the goals and needs of the teams and building clear, sustainable process and documentation to support their projects and initiatives. You will work closely with key business partners to drive projects from scoping through to delivery and ensure the work is well understood, resourced appropriately, and is executed successfully across multiple departments.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own the planning and execution of various projects within the people organization; coordinate across a group of cross-functional partners & resources in Legal, Finance, Accounting, People, Design, IT and more.
- Work closely with those cross-functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility projects by identifying requirements and dependencies and building work back schedules to manage to deadlines. Look for connections to other projects and recommend opportunities for optimization and integration points.
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones, track progress and manage resources accordingly.
- Understand and communicate dependencies and status to project stakeholders clearly and effectively.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Confidently lead business partners through change management.
- Balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as projects evolve by developing an effective and scalable intake process for work requests.
- Establish highly effective and efficient workflows and continuously test and measure improvements with regard to process.
- Establish timelines, RACIs, project plans & trackers, and communication artifacts. Ensure that the team and stakeholders are all operating from the most recent and accurate information. Facilitate retrospectives with cross-functional teams with the aim of continuous improvement.
What you should have
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a program/project manager/producer in a business operations role
- Hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish. Achieves results while managing scope, time, quality and risk
- Recognizes all learnings from failures as well as successes
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business partners by understanding their needs and goals as well as what motivates and engages them
- A general fearlessness regarding the unknown, keen ability to focus, navigate, and function effectively through ambiguity
- Experience working with program management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc
- BA/BS is required
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.