Slack is looking for an experienced, driven, and hardworking Payroll Accountant to be a key member in the Accounting department. You will help contribute to the growth of the global payroll team. You will report to the Sr. Global Payroll Manager and support the continued growth of Slack. You should be ready to jump into a dynamic environment, adapt to change, and be a self-starter. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Prepare payroll related journal entries for all nine Slack entities
- Calculate and prepare accruals for Bonus, PTO, etc for all entities
- Maintain balance sheet and income statement reconciliations for all entities
- Maintain necessary procedures and internal controls related to payroll accounting
- Serve as point person for all payroll-related financial requests
- Assist the payroll team with ad-hoc projects, including year-end payroll filings, audit request, financial and tax reporting
- Assist with payroll processing when needed
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in similar position with experience and working knowledge of payroll reports required
- Experience processing payroll in the US and multiple countries a plus
- Excellent skills using Workday and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise utmost discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.