Engineering Manager, Payments
Slack is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our Payments engineering team whose mission is to help self-service teams seamlessly purchase the best Slack product for their organization. We are a data-driven engineering team that puts experimentation at the forefront to propel paid team conversion. In this role, you will need to drive a strategic migration plan that enables a resilient and scalable billing system, have a thirst for understanding people from a variety of backgrounds, and thoughtfully use data in order to build a compelling customer experience.
You’ll lead a hardworking team of frontend and backend engineers while partnering closely with our internal and external stakeholders. We need someone who understands the value of career development and can help catapult the team forward by facilitating psychologically safe discussions around: project progress, process improvements, mentorship, and general happiness. You should be proficient in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation.
We partner with Product, Design, Data Engineering, Finance, and Engineering, and will be required to make prioritization and allocation decisions to achieve our company-wide goals.
What you will be doing
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team of engineers.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management at industry events.
What you should have
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You thrive in rapid-paced environments and have experience with experimentation.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams at Slack. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.