Senior Product Manager, Meetings
Slack is seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead our efforts around meetings -- calling and events functionality including both native experiences in Slack integrating key productivity tools. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and an entire industry by ensuring Slack is “where work gets done.” This Product Manager will be a part of our Platform’s Interoperability team working on ensuring that Slack customers can easily integrate their essential productivity tools: calendar, calls, emails, files and tasks.
This Product Manager will guide the design, development, and strategy for both native features and integrations with our most strategic partners. Do you get excited about working on productivity tools and want to help users find experiences that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Do you enjoy diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into amazing experiences? Great. Come work at Slack!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for owning the product vision for how teams interact with calendars and calling tools through Slack, driving overall product roadmap and execution.
- You’ll work with end users and our biggest customers to run collaborative user research studies to find user experience touch points that help customers get the most out of our tools and those that partners provide.
- You’ll represent the needs of both constituents company-wide while also representing Slack to customers and partners.
- You will drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, managing the workflow with engineering leaders and design, driving execution and anticipating risks
- You will collaborate with business development, developer relations, sales and other cross-functional teams to work with partners and build the best apps for our mutual customers.
- You understand how teams learn quickly; high comfort with rapid prototyping, incremental shipping to deliver value to users. You ensure we ship well-crafted product at a timely pace.
What you should have
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Proven track record shipping simple, pleasant, productive user-facing products at scale in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Enterprise software experience in user-facing tools strongly preferred
- Highly technical: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Experience building great user experiences; drives elegant, simple interactions
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.