Solution Architect – Marketing Automation (Pardot, Salesforce Sales Cloud)
The Go-to-Market Technology Team enables business partners in Sales, Marketing & Legal. The Marketing Solution Architect serves as the main point of contact and domain specialist, and provides systems support, to the members of our Marketing and Growth teams. Using strong functional & business expertise and technical proficiencies, you will identify, evaluate and develop systems and procedures that meet business user requirements, in addition to leading projects and initiatives that will enable the continued growth of Slack. You will bring an authority level understanding of Marketing Automation Systems that include Pardot, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Act as marketing process/functional guide, collaborate with leaders on business transformation projects to suggest industry standard methodologies and design scalable and optimized business processes.
- Understand end-to-end marketing processes including campaign creation (email/web/social), lead generation, lead scoring, qualification, distribution and conversion including closed loop reporting by demonstrating CRM technologies and data.
- Partner with business unit executives to find opportunities for process improvement & efficiency and suggest system automation solutions to business problems or opportunities.
- Run technology projects end-to-end. Lead all or parts of the functional components projects: developing requirements, crafting prototypes, testing and training strategies.
- Bring excitement to working on the latest technology trends while delivering vital contributions to the success of the business team.
- Help maintain and lead cloud integrations and API architecture for marketing systems.
- Build positive relationships with business partners, development partners and peers on other multi-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales, Channels, Data Engineering & Analytics.
- Participate in user meetings and present issues and solutions both verbally and in writing.
- Preparation of user documentation and training documentation as needed.
- Design and support automated processes in marketing systems, related integrations and handle ongoing list of activities and improvements within individual projects and across initiatives.
- Strong functional knowledge of marketing, demand generation, and lead management required.
- Solid functional, feature and admin activity related knowledge plus experience with Marketing Automation Systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Pardot, Salesforce Sales Cloud and to a lesser extent Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Deep knowledge of other Marketing systems (Digital Advertising, Engagement Channels, Data Enrichment).
- 8+ years of consistent achievements in business analysis and business process improvement, preferably in a hyper-growth environment.
- Proactive, creative person with analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to adapt to changes and be open to new ideas.
- Experience with database schema design, data cleansing/appending, data exporting.
- HTML, CSS, APIs (SOAP/REST), form posts, SFTP, 1st/3rd party tracking, query strings, CMS, web authentication is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Information Technology, or a related field is required; or equivalent experience.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.