Customer Marketing Specialist
Slack is seeking a Customer Marketing specialist to join our growing Enterprise marketing team. Celebrating and sharing our customers’ success is critical to our enterprise marketing efforts; this role is focused on building a machine of references to fuel our marketing and sales efforts.
In this role, you’ll become the resident expert on how our customers are using Slack and the ways in which we can share their stories with the world. As the sourcing lead, you’ll partner closely with sales and customer success to build a library of references and create scalable programs to activate these references.
What you will be doing
Manage Customer Reference Database
- Oversee the end-to-end lifecycle of all customer references and maintain our ReferenceEdge database to track customer advocacy participation, including: reference calls, case studies, videos, speaking engagements, PR, etc.
- Document customer use cases, manage reference status, and look for ways to continuously improve the data and capabilities of the reference tool.
- Partner with Sales Enablement to drive ongoing adoption of the ReferenceEdge tool and build feedback loops with Sales to improve the tool and reference program.
Build Reference Pipeline
- Build content (announcements, slides, 1-sheeters) to educate our internal teams and external customers on the customer reference program.
- Partner with sales and customer success to identify and nurture customer references, building a foundational program in the US with the opportunity to partnering with our growing global team.
- Meet regularly with sales and customer success leads to review the reference pipeline, identify gaps, and build account plans to proactively develop references in priority accounts.
Sourcing and Discovery of Stories
- Once a customer reference has been nominated, lead the discovery and internal vetting process with the account team to understand the customer’s use cases and appetite for marketing.
- Partner with the customer marketing team, as well as key stakeholders in PR, events, and product marketing to ensure sufficient reference pipeline for priority activities.
- Understand the criteria for what makes a strong story and think strategically about how to engage our library of references; identify new and inventive ways to partner with our customers for mutually beneficial marketing opportunities.
- Manage the hand-off process of “warm” reference leads to the Customer Marketing Manager to kick off the engagement with the customer.
What you should have
- 3+ years marketing or sales experience (enterprise software preferred) with at least 2 years in a customer-facing role (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Marketing)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales and Customer Success teams
- Can-do, positive, inspiring attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Track record of success in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience with a reference database is a plus
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.