Business Intelligence Analyst
Slack is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Data and Analytics Team in Business Technology to help drive the understanding of marketing campaign performance and customer acquisition & conversion. This person will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience, effectively turn data into dashboards and insights to influence business decisions, and be comfortable working with diversified business partners including varied marketing functions, business operations, and data engineers. They will be solving business problems, collaborating across teams, and passionate about having an impact on a growing team.
Slack’s Business Technology department is the foundation that enables every Slack team to do the best work of their lives. We make using technology simple, and ensure every solution offers insight and impact.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate across Marketing, Business Operations, Data Engineering, and business leaders to understand business questions that data can answer effectively
- Develop analytics solutions that tackle business problems to drive insights
- Build and manage dashboards, scorecards, and other analytical services
- Design, build and automate key business metrics into visualization to tell a story
- Build processes and standards that build trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (Business Analytics, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related area)
- Minimum of 3 years of analytics experience working with Marketing or Product teams
- 3+ Years’ experience with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Experience in scripting with SQL or Python, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows
- Experience working with Data Engineering teams
- Knowledge of cloud tools like Salesforce, AWS, Snowflake is plus
- Ability to operate as the point of contact for the business partner
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others towards the same outcome and drive results
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.