Sr. Technical Program Manager
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager in our Vancouver office. The initial role will be focused on our Client Capability Team which resides within Slack’s Client Engineering group.
Slack is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive programs for Slack’s Client Capabilities team. In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Product, Quality, Customer Experience and cross-functional development teams, such as Product team, Data Engineering, and Product Security, to improve the process and capabilities of Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Technically drive and support team’s goals
- Autonomously drive change initiatives across multiple functions throughout the organization
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Build and maintain systems for tracking project health and people allocation
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects, and identify blockers
- Model and deliver process improvements for cross-functional teams with input from project partners
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders as changes occur with projects within the programs they support
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made in order to drive projects forward
- Plan and execute high value cross-team meetings
- Consult with teams on agile processes to improve delivery, from sprint planning to retrospectives, with an eye towards optimization and team unity.
- Contribute to the growth of the Program Management organization by actively participating in cross-Program management initiatives including identifying and detailing standard processes, supporting other Program Managers and identifying professional growth opportunities.
What you should have
- At least 5 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- At least 2 years of software engineering, system engineering or technical experience.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Can effectively cope with change
- JIRA user experience
- Experience in implementation of lean principles
- Experience of working at a company that scaled quickly
- Experience with OKRs
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.