Sr. Project Manager, Localization
The Customer Experience Products team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. We want to inspire the minds and win the hearts of Slack’s customers with innovative content and education experiences. Localization team members support all translations across multiple departments at Slack, using domain expertise to make or advocate for the best decisions for our users worldwide.
As a Senior Localization Project Manager for Slack, you will help deliver a great user experience to our customers around the world by working with external and internal teams around process and project results. Your primary task will be centered on helping the team scale its processes to accommodate requests from the entire organization. In this capacity, you will use an experimental mindset to improve existing workflows, adjust processes to meet evolving requests, and mentor the rest of the team towards building a structure that can ensure timely and quality-focused deliveries.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
What you'll be doing
- Take ownership of our localization process from start to finish, engaging in feedback to improve the process and deliver a great customer experience.
- Collaborate regularly with all members of the internal team, involving them in projects as needed, including spotting and communicating opportunities for growth and development.
- Keep a team-wide record of work across different departments to be able to prioritize most impactful efforts for the team that can deliver on company priorities and the team’s vision.
- Supervise, measure, and communicate the progress of projects, as well as potential risks and delays.
- Engage the rest of the team to resolve challenges through experimentation, automation and data gathering.
- Aim to understand partners’ needs through feedback and retrospective cycles, with an eye towards constant improvement.
- Collaborate with pillar leads to generate ideas that can help us and our partners scale operationally.
- Communicate and coordinate with our vendor on any linguistic or technical issues to ensure operations function smoothly.
- Work with the localization manager to define success for the team, and to plan for future scaling needs, including staffing and budget needs.
What you should have
- Project management skills; ability to tackle multiple projects and initiatives at a time.
- Ability to use data and experimentation to improve operations.
- Leadership skills, with an eye towards creating an environment that keeps the team engaged and thriving.
- Prior experience using project and translation management tools, software, and processes such as JIRA, Trello, Lokalise, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, vendors/agencies, and other key partners.
- Extremely organized and capable of managing all duties related to content localization autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to clearly communicate information and decisions to the right people at the right time and in the right way.
- Strong written communication skills, with experience writing documentation to support programs and projects.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, in leading meetings, retrospectives, or status check-ins.
- BS/BA in a related field required or equivalent experience.
- English fluency required. Fluency in a non-English language is a bonus.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.