Technical Program Manager, Security
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive with our Security team supporting the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure.
We’re serious about protecting our customers, our product, and our company. We take a systemic approach to security and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to support and enable these efforts.
As a TPM, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion methodologies within your team and across the organization. You will play a meaningful role in scaling our Security initiatives.You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create programs and have a customer-centric mindset. This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role is remote based or Denver based.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Working with the Engineering team, you will align, unblock and enable Security to deliver high impact cross-functional programs at Slack.
- Focus mainly on the Product Security programs while being flexible enough to support our Security Operations and Risk and Compliance teams as needed.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally.
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments.
- Leverage internal data warehouse and visualization tools to identify gaps, track progress and inform data backed program decisions.
What you should have
- 2+ years experience developing and managing technical programs and complex initiatives from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- At least 1 year of security-specific technical experience.
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical programs, and identify technical risks.
- High attention to detail and initiative. Ability to adapt quickly.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles.
- JIRA user experience.
Nice to have
- Security certification(s) such as SSCP, CEH, CISM, or CISSP.
Familiarity with the purpose and basic operation of product security program best practices like SDL, penetration testing, bug bounty.
The base pay range targeted for this role is $116,000 - $140,000 USD. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.