Customer Success Business Operations Manager
Slack is looking for a strategic, results oriented Manager to join the Sales & Customer Success Business Operations team. This person will partner with senior leaders across the global customer success (post-sales) organization to drive strategic initiatives that shape the growth trajectory of Slack’s Enterprise Business.
The business operations team is focused on partnering with executives and cross-functional partners within Slack to drive large scale impact and transformation across our post-sales teams. In this role, this candidate will help lead and drive these initiatives while acting as an advisor to global business stakeholders within Slack.
The ideal candidate is at the intersection of strong strategic and analytical thinking combined with leadership skills to drive change. This candidate will demonstrate quick learning and an impressive history of driving results. Most importantly, the candidate will deliver through strong relationships and use excellent communication to reach alignment across executive teams, keep projects on track while embodying the Slack’s key cultural tenets of Smart, Hard-working and Humble.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with global customer success (post-sales) leadership to deliver strategic projects that enable the business to execute its highest priority initiatives
- Leverage data to conduct in-depth analyses across areas of the business (e.g. customer segments / regions / product lines) to develop an understanding of key value drivers, identifying improvement areas and opportunities
- Act as the strategic thought partner to various members of the Sales Leadership team, helping shape the sales strategy across the Enterprise business
- Serve as the connection across cross-functional teams (including Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, and other internal groups, etc.), and facilitate collaboration towards achieving common goals and outcomes
What you should have
- 7+ years of work experience in a Strategy & Ops technology company, management consulting firm, investment bank and/or private equity firm
- BA/BS degree
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams through change management programs
- Ability to articulately present and debate recommendations at the executive level
- Experience with enterprise software or SaaS strategy
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Experience with SQL and Salesforce reporting
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.