Manager, Sales - Mid Market
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our fast growing Sales organization and manage a team of Mid Market Account Executives in San Francisco, CA.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you!
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and run a diverse team of talented individuals looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to Customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader Leadership Team. This is a fast paced role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills.
Our ideal candidate is a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in sales and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty.
- Mentor and manage a team of Account Executives that have fun winning together
- Own ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring reps
- Participate in customer and prospect meetings and help define a strong business case
- Partner with Solution Engineering, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams to drive success and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Identify product and technology gaps with Customers and present a point of view to Slack’s Product and Leadership Teams
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and mentor Account Executives on strategies to reach their goals
- Report on sales activity and lead a regular revenue forecast
- Achieve key performance metrics and goals
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
- 3+ years of Account Executive management experience
- 7+ years of Sales experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Excellent mentor, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Passion for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Ideal candidate will have previous sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a cheerful and encouraging place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.