Technical Program Manager
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager in our Vancouver office or a remote location. This candidate will help in driving technical programs across Slack. Some examples are Slack app deprecations for iOS, Android and desktop Operating Systems, as well as changes to our externally facing APIs.
In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Product, Quality, Customer Experience, Customer Success Managers and cross-functional development teams, such as Product team, Data Engineering, and Product Security, to improve the process and capabilities of Slack.
What you will be doing
- Drive deprecation at Slack, build deprecation playbooks, ensure teams are aligned on rollout, and impact customers are evaluated efficiently.
- Manage internal communications for deprecation events ensuring the entire organization is aware of upcoming changes.
- Build and maintain systems for tracking project health and people allocation
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects, and identify blockers
- Model and deliver deprecation process improvements for cross-functional teams with input from project partners
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made in order to drive projects forward
- Plan and execute high value cross-team meetings
What you should have
- At least 5 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
- At least 2 years of backend software engineering, system engineering or technical experience. Understanding of basic scalable systems design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Can effectively navigate a change
- JIRA user experience
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.