Sr. Manager, Customer Success, High Touch
The Senior Manager, Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader sales organization. This role leads the strategy and execution for our customer success team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity, and growth of our Customers, across Slack’s customer base in the AMER West region. This role focuses primarily on driving success within our Large Enterprise and Enterprise Customer segments. The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSM’s). Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base.
You will understand the customer success managers’ role, processes, and paths to success and help define this within the broader sales organization. You will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor in their use of Slack, ensuring they realize business value. At a team level, they will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. You will ensure that your team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. Additionally, you’ll work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales and Slack organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the Customer Success team to ensure that each customer success manager can succeed
- Hire, train, coach, and develop a team of customer success managers
- Build a team that wins, has fun, and lives the Slack values
- Develop a customer success strategy for the AMER West region
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Monitor and identify adoption, maturity, and growth trends for the team and customers to inform customer and business strategy
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion, and renewals
- Partner with the Sales organization to engage in pre-sales activities for high value opportunities
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the AMER CSM organization
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and KPIs
What you should have:
- 8+ years of customer success experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.