Account Executive, SMB
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek outstanding talent eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Sales team and focus on our Small Medium Business customers. This segment represents a huge opportunity for Slack. We seek outstanding people eager to do excellent work while supporting others in doing the same! Responsible for evangelizing Slack and how people work for new and existing customers to drive the sales process with prospective customers as well as the expansion of existing accounts. We are a customer-centric team that is passionate about the development of trusted relationships across our customer base. You will work closely with customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide enable our customers to work in new ways. If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, come and join us! We’re nice.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a thoughtful way
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Lead multiple customers simultaneously at various stages of the Slack buying cycle
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to existing customers
- Balance inbound customer communication and prioritize/raise issues appropriately including billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas
What you should have
- 2+ years of sales or meaningful prospecting experience, preferably in SaaS
- You are ambitious and driven to achieve goals
- Articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer happiness and deepen customer relationships
- You have a proven track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.