Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Slack is seeking an experienced Internal Communications Senior Manager to join our global Internal Comms & Events team during a supremely exciting time for our company. Slack is experiencing rapid growth, so we’re looking for someone who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment.
The Internal Communications Senior Manager is critical to our company’s success. You will lead expansion of our internal communications function globally, elevating the employee experience across time zones and cultures with communication strategies and unique event experiences based on what our employees need to know in order to understand, buy in, and take action. You are an extraordinary storyteller who can rally employees around our product, customers, and our mission; a savvy strategist who can navigate complex structures and rapid change with ease; and a thoughtful, empathetic leader and colleague who isn’t afraid to jump in and support the team’s success.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Manage strategy, content, and execution of major announcements, launches, and internal events
- Develop strategy and infrastructure for expanding and scaling international communications and localization efforts for employees in different regions
- Partner with executives to drive thought leadership and change management efforts within their teams and to the rest of the company
- Drive comprehensive communications campaigns differentiated by audience across the company, including supporting and enabling Slack’s leaders and managers
- Surface success stories to share across the broader company that reinforce our business objectives, our culture, and our overall inspiring vision for the future of Slack
- Gather employee feedback and leverage data to drive continuous improvement of our internal communications efforts
- Deeply know and understand our business and its people, acting as an advocate for the employee perspective
What you should have
- 7-10 years experience in communications (marketing, journalism, corporate, executive, or internal), including meaningful time in an internal communications and change management role
- Creative, strategic thinker and storyteller with strong writing and editing skills who can communicate what we need employees to know, feel and do
- Experience translating complex ideas into simple, authentic, and compelling communications and fluidly navigating between strategy and execution
- Proven ability to create, own and execute comprehensive communication plans with experience leading employees through times of change
- An experienced strategic thought partner who can work closely with everyone from leaders and executives to front-line employees without missing a beat
- Growth mindset with excitement for experimentation, iteration, and improvement
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.