Enable enterprise mobility management for your org
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) – also known as mobile device management (MDM) – gives organisations control over how their company data is used and accessed on mobile devices.
Step 1: Choose an EMM provider
Connect to a Slack for EMM provider to learn more and set up your account. We work with several EMM providers, such as AirWatch, MobileIron and Blackberry, to verify our services are compatible.
Tip: Review the mobile device requirements for Slack for EMM.
Step 2: Turn on EMM
Contact Slack once you’re ready to activate or change the mobile security settings for your organisation. Below is the information we need from you to make these updates.
Choose who is affected
Only members using an approved device can access your organisation’s workspaces. Select one of the options below:
- All members (excluding guests) will be required to update to the Slack for EMM app. Guests can sign in from any device.
- All members (including guests) will be required to update to the Slack for EMM app and must use an approved device to access Slack.
- All members and guests can use either the regular Slack app or the Slack for EMM app and sign in from any device.
Customise your message
Members required to use the Slack for EMM app will have 72 hours to switch before they're signed out on mobile. To help your members make the transition, we recommend sharing upcoming EMM changes before turning them on.
Once EMM is enabled, members will get an email with more information. In the email, you can include a custom message, such as a link to an internal guide or contact info for your company's helpdesk. Here's what the email will include:
- A message that explains their company has updated mobile security.
- The date and time from which members will only be able to access Slack on approved devices using the Slack for EMM app.
- Instructions on how to access and install the EMM app for Slack.
Tip: To include a custom message for your members, you must add it at the time you turn on EMM.
Step 3: Configure additional settings
Navigate to Security settings in the org dashboard to enable app-level settings for all org members not managed by EMM. To further protect your org’s data, you can choose to block file downloads and copying content, require secondary authentication or require a mandatory mobile browser on unmanaged mobile devices. The latest version of the Slack app is required.
What members can expect
If required, they’ll need to switch to the Slack for EMM app.
Once installed, members can sign in using their single sign-on credentials.
If required, they can’t access your org from an unmanaged device.
If the Slack for EMM app is required, members using an unmanaged device will see a screen letting them know they’ll need to use an approved device. Slack will send them an email with instructions from the custom message you provided in step 2 above.
Note: You can whitelist an org domain to ensure that members can only access corporate workspaces in the Slack for EMM app. Set up this configuration through your EMM provider.
- Org owners and org admins
- Available on the Enterprise Grid subscription