- Sarah recently joined A1 Marketing, a company just like yours.
- A1 adopted Slack a while ago and Sarah is learning how it has changed the way the company works.
- In this lesson, Sarah wants to explore how the team collaborate effectively in channels with mentions and reactions, by sharing files and using message formatting.
Sarah’s experience before SlackAt her previous company, Sarah found that communication happened in many different places. She received a constant stream of emails to her inbox, even if they weren’t very valuable or didn’t apply to her. Files were shared with individuals and decisions were often made without everyone knowing what was going on. These communication silos made it difficult to keep people aligned on work, track information and stay up to date.
How A1 use Slack
- People at A1 use mentions to get the attention of specific people to move work forward.
- Files and conversations exist side by side in channels, which means Sarah always has access to the most current information.
- Sarah has noticed that people respond efficiently to each other using reactions.