- Sarah recently joined A1 Marketing, a company just like yours.
- A1 adopted Slack a while ago and Sarah is learning how it has changed the way the company works.
- In this lesson, Sarah wants to explore how working in channels can help her search and keep track of information.
Sarah’s experience before SlackAt her previous company, Sarah found that key pieces of information were being shared in many different places. Emails had attachments and links to files, multiple cloud services were used across the company and file storage services were easy to mix up. The numerous ways to share information made it difficult to keep track of everything and move work along.
How A1 use Slack
- Files and conversations exist side by side in channels, and over time, Slack becomes the company’s repository of information.
- Because A1 employees do all of their work in channels, Sarah knows that she can search Slack to find information she’s looking for.
- Sarah can save key messages and files so that they are quick and easy to access.