Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
We're looking for people who are passionate about creating great iOS applications.
You've been around for several Xcode releases and you know how to delight iOS users. You’ve got an eye for efficient, reliable data models and an attention to detail. You know your way around databases and networking and are eager to partner with iOS Product Engineers to craft efficient, performant, and delightful foundational frameworks. You like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product.
As an iOS Infrastructure Engineer, you will work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building applications to make the Slack experience on iOS be the best it can possibly be.
Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week - we need engineers who want to make that experience as pleasant as possible.
What you should have
- 5+ years experience and Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience developing with Swift
- A strong understanding of data structures, networking and data synchronization
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience developing highly performant code and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Deep understanding of the iOS system framework
- Expertise with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- A solid understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.