Sr. Manager, Sales Compensation Strategy and Operations
Slack is looking for a Sr. Manager, Sales Compensation Strategy and Operations who will support the company's rapidly growing global sales and customer success organization through high impact leadership, operational execution, process innovation, and strong stakeholder management. You will own the incentive compensation program end to end, including designing the plans, setting quotas, defining systems requirements, authoring policy, resolving cases, conducting training, and maintaining SOX-compliant controls.
The right candidate will bring domain expertise of B2B direct sales and Enterprise SaaS business models as well as excel in fast-paced dynamic environments.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Manage the end to end sales compensation function, including plan design, setting quotas, plan administration, driving systems requirements, reporting, training, and communications
- Create and communicate incentive compensation plans for the global sales team
- Create and drive scalable repeatable processes by leveraging Salesforce, Xactly, Anaplan, Looker, Workday HRIS, Excel, and the Google Suite
- Present to Slack’s CFO and SVP of Sales on at least a quarterly basis, so you should be comfortable analyzing large datasets and creating a narrative that’s supported by compelling analysis summarized in slides
- Be a trusted strategic business partner to sales leadership and recommend solutions to compensation and performance related issues
- Manage a team of individual contributors
- Maintain a sales capacity planning model, with current data on sales performance, ramp times, ramped ACV productivity, etc.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of incentive compensation plans, payout reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization
- Respond to crediting conflicts from the sales team and sales leadership
What you should have
- High attention to detail, strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in a management role in Finance, Operations, Business Development, or other related fields
- Expertise on compensation plan design and quota setting, with an ability to identify areas of improvement
- Strong communication skills and comfort presenting to senior leadership, with an ability to effectively collaborate with business partners and proactively communicate across locations
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures
- A track record of strong SOX-compliant business-process design, enhancement, and maintenance
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years of people management experience
- Bachelor degree in business, economics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Proven experience with systems/tools utilized for sales operations processes such as Salesforce, Excel, Anaplan, Xactly, Workday, etc.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.