Sr. Technical Architect
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
As a technical architect, you are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. You are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security.
You will conduct detailed technical discovery workshops, assess cultural, structural and business functions with security requirements while translating these findings for a foundational Slack solution built for scale and flexibility. This design will include details on the workspaces, user management, authentication, bots, integrations, and settings & permissions required to ensure there are no technical barriers to user adoption of Slack. You will be responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from GitHub, Jira, Workday, Google Apps, etc. In addition, you'll be customizing client applications. You love strategically working with clients and in this role you'll be advising customers on how best to implement Slack APIs and Developer tool kits.
What you will be doing
- You'll facilitate customer facing workshops with the technical team and develop a technical deployment plan
- You'll ensure detailed integration with other systems and apps, including identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products, and internal systems.
- You'll assist in a secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based on IT, governance, and technical requirements
- You'll remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution
- You'll present detailed technical information and benefits of the Slack platform to a wide array of customers, including line of business managers, developers, technical architects, and executives
What you should have
- Hands-on proficiency with data exchanges and API's
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user.
- Excellent presentation skills for communicating both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations
- Past experience working directly with Sales and Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or similar field
- Eight+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.